a slideshow of historic images
The Charles H. Day Company began (1925) producing material handling equipment designed to load ships at the Port of Portland. One of the key items they were known for was the Day Co Piler, which was designed and built by the Charles Day Company. We later designed and built one of the best hand trucks on the market. Some of these hand trucks were manufactured over 40 years ago and are still being used today within the trucking industry.
In 1956 current owner Harland Aanderud brought on Sioux Power Tools which eventually lead into the power tool service and repair center we are today. Currently we sell and service over 20 major brands of electric and pneumatic tools. We are the certified/authorized factory service center for these brands as well. This relationship with manufacturers allows us to service and warranty the tools that we sell. The products, quality and service have been an integral part of The Charles H. Day Company since our inception, which continues to be what we are today.
Our customers know that The Charles H. Day Company is the only place to have their tools repaired.